There’s something magical about new beginnings – new opportunities to reignite our dreams, refuel our hopes, grow, love, unlearn and rediscover. 2017 has been a year of intense growth, and I’m here for it. All of it.
Below are 15 Lessons I’m taking with me into 2018. Read on. You’re sure to find one you’ll want to jot down for the coming year, too:
1. Find your tribe. Love them hard.
2. Give the gift of your attention to the people who deserve it. Make more room in your life for the people who matter.
3. Kill the unbridled desire to belong – anywhere, to anything, anyone. Your journey is yours alone.
4. Purge yourself of the need to please everyone.
5. You’re enough. We promise. 🎈
6. Type out a list of all the people you want to be kinder to in 2018; and put your name first.
7. Believe in your dreams – as much as you believe in others’.
8. When negativity comes knocking on your door, pour a bucket of kindness all over her. Choose peace, always.
9. Be kind to yourself. Protect your magic. Do more of the things that make you happy.
10. Give yourself permission to remain curious and playful. Laugh more. The world is grim enough.
11. Stop beating yourself up for past shortcomings and simply start again. No one is perfect. Forgive yourself. Forgive others.
12. Perfection stifles creativity. Allow yourself the freedom to explore new possibilities.
13. If it keeps you up at night, it’s probably worth pursuing.
14. Life is too short to spend time doubting your greatness. Feel the fear, and do it anyway.
15. If you’re still reading this, you probably spend too much time staring at your screen all day. In 2018, look up more. Have richer conversations. Get some more sunshine in your life, baby! 😃
Happy New Year, everyone!! Dream more. Win more. Love more. Play more. Laugh more. The possibilities are only just beginning. Here’s to you!
– Your Event Planning BFF, Gloria. xoxo